Soundproof control cabin for manufacturing plant
An installation’s control room in an industrial manufacturing plant in Belgium needed replacing. However, it is located near a furnace and is therefore exposed to splashes of liquid slag and noise nuisance. Alara-Lukagro designed and produced the new cabin.
Cabin: soundproof, stainless steel and turnkey
The cabin’s design
- Constructed from soundproof panels in 316 stainless steel
- Equipped with a changing room and control room, separated by a wall with an automatic stainless steel sliding door
- Windows: made from safety glass with splash protection on the furnace side to protect against the hot slag and spatters
- Floor: reinforced concrete and floor tiles
- Roof: fitted with bitumen roofing and gutter including drainpipe
- Fitted with: stainless steel desk, swivel chairs, storage cabinet, fridge, radio system, fittings to suspend screens and cable ducts
- Cable transits
- Well thought out design to facilitate easy cleaning
- Preservation: stained and passivated. No paint was applied.
Soundproof control cabin
The manufacturing plant’s owner approached DOX Acoustics, Alara-Lukagro’s Belgian partner, to develop a new soundproof cabin. Alara-Lukagro engineered and produced the entire product in close collaboration with DOX Acoustics. The design is described above.
Installed at a height
The soundproof cabin was produced and assembled as one module at Alara-Lukagro’s production site in Groot-Ammers. It was then transported to the manufacturing site in Belgium and installed in one piece at a height using a crane. This fast assembly means that there was minimal disruption to the manufacturing process.
A safe and comfortable work environment
The control cabin offers all these properties and facilities in a safe and comfortable work environment.
Are you facing a similar challenge?
Contact us with your questions and we will be delighted to advise you on a suitable solution for your project.