March 16. 2020
Yesterday, the Dutch government announced further restrictive measures in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Anyone experiencing any symptoms linked to coronavirus must remain at home until the symptoms have cleared. People are advised to stay a recommended distance of 1.5m from each other in public.
Starting 16th March 2020, all schools and nurseries will be closed. All bars, cafés and restaurants have been directed to close with immediate effect, although supermarkets remain open. Public events with 100 or more attendees will be cancelled. This includes, but is not limited to, theatres, sports events and church services. Medically vulnerable people and older people should avoid public transport.
These measures will apply until 6th April. All previous measures are extended until that day as well.
These measures will certainly reflect on the work of Alara-Lukagro. To try and keep the impact as low as possible we have announced further measures, some of which may affect you:
- Until 30th March, visiting customers and suppliers and receiving visits from customers and suppliers is forbidden. If necessary and in exceptional cases, the management may decide otherwise.
- Visiting trade fairs and events, congresses, receptions, etc. on behalf of the company is prohibited.
- Everyone who is able to do so will work at home as much as possible during the next two weeks (until 27 March). Meetings are avoided as much as possible and will be held through Skype.
- Installation work can only be carried out to a limited extent in the next three weeks due to the limited availability of public facilities such as hotels and restaurants.
- If a country or region has a negative travel recommendation, the site installation will certainly be cancelled.
To date, our production site is fortunate to remain un-impacted by Covid-19. We have taken all necessary measures to try and keep it that way, but, due to unforeseen circumstance this may change. We will of course keep you informed if changes affect your project, we will do the same if site installation work needs to be postponed.
The health and wellbeing of our employees, customers, suppliers and surrounding community in which we operate is our primary concern at this difficult time. We continue to monitor and track Government and Foreign Office advice with regards to containment, travel and isolation.
We will provide regular updates to employees, customers and suppliers and would kindly ask that you keep us up to speed with any developments within your respective organizations.